Laserase Croydon can help reduce discolouration of the skin, both lighter (hypopigmented) and darker (hyperpigmented) areas, utilising different laser systems.
With respect to darker pigment irregularities, Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is effective in treating age and liver spots (solar lentigo) and freckles (ephelides). The broadband light is absorbed by the pigment “melanin”, where it is converted into heat causing break up of the darker areas.
With respect to lighter pigment irregularities, UVB-targeted phototherapy is effective in the treatment of vitiligo, psoriasis, stretch marks and pale scars.
- The short wavelength intense pulsed light system (IPL) produces a broadband light that eliminates superficial signs of ageing, including freckles, broken capilliaries, rosacea and age spots. The light is absorbed by pigmented areas where it is converted into heat, causing break down of pigment. In broken capilliaries and spider veins, the light is absorbed by the pigment in the blood generating heat that collapses the unwanted vein.All areas of the body can be treated, but IPL treatments are not suitable for very dark skin types.Rarely redness and irritation of the treated area may occur (like sunburn). There is also a small risk of pigment change following treatment. A small minority of patients develop bruising or blistering. This settles within a few days.A series of 3 to 6 treatments is recommended at monthly intervals. Methods to reduce further collagen breakdown include smoking cessation and the application of a moisturiser with SPF30 sun block. These will enhance the efficacy of the treatment. It must be remembered that the skin is constantly ageing, so it is envisaged that further treatments in the future may well be desirable. The effects of the treatment maybe prolonged with the use of medical grade skin care products.Yes. There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that the treatment can lead to skin disorders or an increased risk of cancer. Furthermore, every precaution has been taken to ensure the safety of the patient.
Having met all the necessary conditions, Laserase Croydon is registered with the Care Quality Commission. The lasers are also subject to annual checks by the Regional Radiation Physics & Protection Service.
The treatment is carried out only by qualified and fully trained doctors and nurses. Patients are required to wear approved protective goggles at all times.
Pricing Information – Pigment Problems
Price per session*
Call now – Free consultation Prices start from £75 per session
*Please Note: Prices quoted are per session and are an approximate guide only. Initial consultations are entirely free of charge and without obligation.
Pigment Problems Photos
Request a call back
- Acne Treatment
- Botox | Muscle Relaxing Injections
- Dermal Fillers
- Environ Skincare Products
- Hair Removal | Laser Hair Removal
- Hyperhidrosis – Excessive Sweating
- Medical Microdermabrasion
- Mole | Cyst | Skin Tag | Wart Removal
- Obagi Skin Care
- Pigment Problems
- Restylane – A natural beauty lift
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Stretch marks, Psoriasis and Vitiligo
- Tattoo Removal | Laser Tattoo Removal
- Thread Vein Removal
- Wrinkle Reduction
Friendly service and good resultsAnon
Very happy with everything. Thanks! Barry M from Bromley
Great treatment!Katy H from Norbury
Long lasting results. Diane, Babs and Pat – good serviceMonica S from Coulsdon
Diane and Dev are greatDesiree M from Caterham
Happy with the service I get and results of treatmentSusan C from Coulsdon
Recent News | Blog
- Wrinkle reduction against signs of ageing
Ageing is part of life and people show signs of ageing differently with some peo…
- Laser Tattoo Removal – Holiday tattoos
The holiday season is in full flow and plenty of sunseekers jetted off to the ho…
- Microdermabrasion (Non-invasive treatment)
It is a weekday morning and you are standing looking into the mirror. You pick u…
Email / Open Hours
Monday: 10:00 AM – 9:00 PM Tuesday: 10:00 AM – 9:00 PM Wednesday: 10:00 AM – 8:30 PM Thursday: 9:30 AM – 2:30 PM 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM Friday: 9:30 AM – 4:00 PM Saturday: 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Address / Telephone
Brigstock Medical Practice
141 Brigstock Road,
Telephone: 020 8665 9380
Fax: 020 8689 3647Copyright © 2012 Laserase CroydonPremier clinic for Laser Tattoo Removal, Laser Hair Removal, Acne Treatments, Skin Rejuvenation, Dermaroller and Sculptra® - All Rights Reserved