Many People get tattooed and bitterly regret the decision later on. What seemed like a good idea at the time can cause major problems in later life. For some people, having a tattoo can mean psychological distress or result in difficulty in getting a job. What ever the reason, Laserase Croydon can help.
All other methods of tattoo removal, such as surgery, acid tattooing and organic creams produce major scarring. Fortunately, modern Laser technology means that removing an unwanted tattoo is safe and with minimal risk of scarring. It is a relatively straightforward process and available to everyone.
No single laser can remove all types of tattoo ink. Laserase Croydon offers 3 laser systems to ensure optimal tattoo removal:
Q-switched Nd:Yag for removal of dark blue, black, grey & white ink
Q-switched Ruby for black, sky blue & green ink
Q-switched KTP laser for red, purple, orange & brown ink
The removal of a multicoloured tattoo requires the use of these different laser systems in combination to ensure optimal results.
The Laserase network treats over 2500 men and women each month, nationwide, for tattoo removal and has an established record of success since 1991.
Recent developments in laser therapy have finally made it possible to remove tattoos.
Leading plastic surgeons and dermatologists, regard laser as the superior method for the safe removal of both amateur and professional tattoos.
- A tattoo results when the skin is punctured and pigment is inserted into the lower layer of skin. The body’s own immune system reacts to this ‘injury’ but is unable to cast out the larger particles of pigment.Tattoo ink particles are too large for the body’s immune system to remove naturally. By firing a beam of light through the skin in extremely short pulses the light is absorbed by the tattoo ink creating a reaction, which breaks it down into very small particles. The body’s immune system then gradually removes the pigment.The number of treatments required will depend on the body’s immune system and how effective it is. As a guide, most Indian ink amateur tattoos require 3 to 5 treatment sessions at monthly intervals. Most coloured professional tattoos usually require 8 to 12 treatment sessions at monthly intervals.Yes in the majority of cases, although it is impossible to give an absolute guarantee as some pigments can resist treatment. No one laser can remove all types of tattoo ink, so this is why we use 3 different lasers to ensure optimal results.A typical treatment session can last between 5 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the size of the tattoo.
The treatment stings and may cause some minor discomfort which will start to subside when the session is over. This is tolerated well by most patients but a local anaesthetic cream is available if required.Redness and swelling may occur, which settles within a few days. Some patients may blister. This is quite normal and does not indicate potential scarring. No specific treatment is required and it will usually clear within a few days. A dry dressing may be applied to avoid contact with clothes, etc. When bathing or showering, the area should be patted dry and not rubbed. If blistering occurs, prolonged immersion in water, e.g. swimming, should be avoided.
Between treatment sessions the treated area should be protected from strong sunlight or sun beds with sun block (SPF 30).Our lasers are Q-switched, which means the lasers deliver high power in a very short pulse (25 billionths of a second!). There is normally no lasting damage to the skin. Very occasionally, mild changes in skin texture may occur.
Since Laserase Croydon was set up in 1992, we have treated many thousands of tattoos with the vast majority of people being delighted with the results. Although scarring is a possibility, we have found the chances of this occurring to be very low.During treatment with Ruby and KTP lasers, it is quite normal for the tattooed area to become paler and any freckles may disappear. This is because the lasers are also effective at removing natural skin pigment (depigmentation). Once all the treatments have been completed, the pigment should slowly return. This may take anything from 6 months to several years. Darker skinned patients are generally limited to treatment with the NdYAG laser as the risk of pigment change is far less.
A tattooed area which is particularly hairy should be shaved prior to treatment. The hair should grow back normally but in some cases may be slower than expected.Yes. There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that the treatment can lead to skin disorders or an increased risk of cancer. Furthermore, every precaution has been taken to ensure the safety of the patient.
Having met all the necessary conditions, Laserase Croydon is registered with the Care Quality Commission. The lasers are also subject to annual checks by the Regional Radiation Physics & Protection Service.
The treatment is carried out only by qualified and fully trained doctors and nurses. Patients are required to wear approved protective goggles at all times.
Pricing Information – Tattoo Removal
The pricing structure for tattoos is as follows:
Price per session*
Call now – Free consultation 1cm x 1cm £50 2cm x 2cm £80 3cm x 2cm £95 4cm x 4cm £120 8cm x 5cm £160 10cm x 7cm £200 12cm x 8cm £240
*Please Note: : Prices are quoted per session and are an approximate guide. They relate to solid blocks of tattoo pigment and not tattoo size. All initial consultations are entirely free of charge and without obligation.
Tattoo Removal Photos
Request a call back
- Acne Treatment
- Botox | Muscle Relaxing Injections
- Dermal Fillers
- Environ Skincare Products
- Hair Removal | Laser Hair Removal
- Hyperhidrosis – Excessive Sweating
- Medical Microdermabrasion
- Mole | Cyst | Skin Tag | Wart Removal
- Obagi Skin Care
- Pigment Problems
- Restylane – A natural beauty lift
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Stretch marks, Psoriasis and Vitiligo
- Tattoo Removal | Laser Tattoo Removal
- Thread Vein Removal
- Wrinkle Reduction
Friendly service and good resultsAnon
Very happy with everything. Thanks! Barry M from Bromley
Great treatment!Katy H from Norbury
Long lasting results. Diane, Babs and Pat – good serviceMonica S from Coulsdon
Diane and Dev are greatDesiree M from Caterham
Happy with the service I get and results of treatmentSusan C from Coulsdon
Recent News | Blog
- Wrinkle reduction against signs of ageing
Ageing is part of life and people show signs of ageing differently with some peo…
- Laser Tattoo Removal – Holiday tattoos
The holiday season is in full flow and plenty of sunseekers jetted off to the ho…
- Microdermabrasion (Non-invasive treatment)
It is a weekday morning and you are standing looking into the mirror. You pick u…
Email / Open Hours
Monday: 10:00 AM – 9:00 PM Tuesday: 10:00 AM – 9:00 PM Wednesday: 10:00 AM – 8:30 PM Thursday: 9:30 AM – 2:30 PM 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM Friday: 9:30 AM – 4:00 PM Saturday: 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Address / Telephone
Brigstock Medical Practice
141 Brigstock Road,
Telephone: 020 8665 9380
Fax: 020 8689 3647Copyright © 2012 Laserase CroydonPremier clinic for Laser Tattoo Removal, Laser Hair Removal, Acne Treatments, Skin Rejuvenation, Dermaroller and Sculptra® - All Rights Reserved